Topic: Exporting "Speak" to an audio file?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 28, 2013 11:04 PM

David Bailey

Re: Exporting "Speak" to an audio file?

On 16/10/2013 09:44, Brentt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any way to export the output of Speak to an audio file? (e.g. a
> .wav file )
>
> I figured this might work but it does not:
>

> Export["~/foo.wav", Speak["bar"]]
>
> Is there any way to get an audio file out of speak?

If you need this for a one off application, there is a free program
called Audiacity which can be set up to record whatever sound is going
to the speakers (but digitally). It would do what you want in a rather
clumsy way.

It does seem odd to me that Mathematica can output both speech and
musical sound, but it has no way to convert these into waveforms. This
reduces their use considerably.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk