Replies: 163   Last Post: Nov 13, 2013 10:45 AM

Dan Christensen

On Monday, October 21, 2013 8:46:34 AM UTC-4, Bart Goddard wrote:
> Dan Christensen <Dan_Christensen@sympatico.ca> wrote in

> > If you can't come up with a better formal definition of exponentiation
>
> > than I have, just say so. You are looking ridiculous with this 3=9
>
> > shit. Time to put up or shut up, Barty!
>

> So you think you're on the playground. Oh well. If I
>
> look ridiculous, it's only because some might wonder why
>
> I'm wasting my time with an obviously deranged crackpot.
>

> The bottom line remains the bottom line: Your so-called
>
> "formal definition" which was supposed to be about 0^0,
>
> excludes 0 from consideration.

I do not exclude 0 from consideration. The only thing that is excluded is the assigning of any value to 0^0, thus formalizing a practice that has been common for nearly 2 centuries.

My definition again (suitable quantifiers assumed):

1. ^ : NxN --> N
2. x^0 = 1 for x=/=0
3. x^(y+1) = x^y * x

It seems you can come up with no other formal definition that deals with what even you have conceded is the ambiguity of 0^0.

You childish tactic of dredging up an old argument, which you lost here, as some kind a diversion has failed you yet again, Barty.

Dan
Visit my new math blog at http://www.dcproof.wordpress.com

Date Subject Author
Dan Christensen