Topic: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
Replies: 19   Last Post: Oct 22, 2013 5:13 PM

dpb

Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace

On 10/22/2013 4:11 PM, dpb wrote:

> You're saying the above regexp() solution is faster than
>
> strrep(s(:,4),s(:,4),[s(:,4 ','])
>
> or
>
> [s(:,4) char(ones(3,1)*',') ... ]
>
> where the comma column is predefined? That's surprising.

Well, I guess on a little reflection perhaps not so surprising -- the
others may end up w/ multiple reallocations internally wheeas perhaps
the regexp solution can only do one.

But, wonder if preallocated then filled???

--

Date Subject Author
10/2/13
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
Norbert Marwan
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
Derek Goring
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/3/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
Norbert Marwan
10/3/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
Norbert Marwan
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/3/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
Norbert Marwan
10/3/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/22/13