Topic: one-way repeated measures ANOVA with more levels than subjects
Replies: 8   Last Post: Nov 6, 2013 3:53 AM

Bruce Weaver

Re: one-way repeated measures ANOVA with more levels than subjects

On 23/10/2013 4:56 PM, tkietzma@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> Thanks a lot for your answer. As you said, SPSS did not produce output for the Multivariate Tests.
>
> Sorry for originally not being more explicit about the function we are using, when I posted I was generally wondering whether there was a principled reason why the repeated measures ANOVA should not work properly in case of more levels than subjects.
>
> We are in fact using the statfun_depsamplesF.m function of the fieldtrip package in matlab (we are looking at amplitudes of electroencephalography data). I will dive into the details tomorrow and try to track down whether it runs a MANOVA internally. Thanks for the hint, I will keep you updated.
>
> Tim

For those who are interested, here's the code:

http://code.google.com/p/fieldtrip/source/browse/trunk/statfun/statfun_depsamplesF.m?r=935

--
Bruce Weaver
bweaver@lakeheadu.ca