Topic: Algebra 1 - How is it going?
Replies: 30   Last Post: Nov 5, 2013 1:45 PM

Servant, Melissa

Re: Algebra 1 - How is it going?

Hopefully State Ed is getting the message loud and clear that the modules are not working. Students who have come up to the high school after having common core 8th grade are falling far behind. They do not have the skills to solve basic multi step equations. But they draw one hell of a picture of a math story.

I'm sorry but what we are being told to teach is not educationally sound.
Don't even think about all of the testing these kids are going to have to endure in the name of progress.

Sorry but had to get some of that off my chest.

Melissa Servant
Synthesis Advisor
Math Teacher

Sent from my DROID [:-)]

Dianne Gizowski <GizowskD@dcmoboces.com> wrote:

Brigid, please know that some of us who do have contact with SED and Common Core, Inc. ARE listening, taking notes, AND visiting classrooms to see what is actually happening. I know that doesn't help you today and this week, but do know that they are getting feedback on how it is going (or not going, in some cases) "in the trenches" as you put it.
Nan Gizowski