Topic: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Replies: 37   Last Post: Oct 28, 2013 1:31 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.

Lou Talman posted http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9312190 (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9312190), GSC's remarks interspersed:

> A predictable non sequitur, Wayne.
>
> Surely you can do better than that.

You forget - Professor Bishop has already done better, MUCH better! The heart of all of Professor Bishop's educational philosophy (and roots, branches and twigs) is/are contained in the famous slogan:

"BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION!"
(which he has informed us came to him from Reid Lyon [Reading Research Expert] - much as as that equally famous flash of light had struck Paul en route to Damascus).

GSC
The rest of Lou Talman's post follows for reference:

> On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:59:52 -0600, Wayne Bishop
> <wbishop@calstatela.edu>
> wrote:
>

> > Great news! Now we liberals can start our
> ever-so-egalitarian soft
> > bigotry of low expectations dumbing down school for
> everyone much
> > earlier than we thought! A little superb postnatal
> care for all and we
> > can prohibit the sale of discriminatory toys such
> as that one where the
> > child sticks squares in the square holes, stars in
> the star holes, etc.
> > Are blocks too much?
> >
> > Wayne
> >
> > At 06:09 PM 10/23/2013, Louis Talman wrote:

> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/10/131022170
> 828.htm

> >> - --Louis A. Talman
> >> Department of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
> >> Metropolitan State University of Denver
> >>
> >> <http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>

> - --

Date Subject Author
10/23/13
Read The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Louis Talman
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Wayne Bishop
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Louis Talman
10/25/13
[...]
10/26/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/26/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/27/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/27/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/27/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/27/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/28/13