Topic: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Replies: 37   Last Post: Oct 28, 2013 1:31 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.

On Oct 24, 2013, at 10:16 PM, Joe Niederberger <niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:

> R Hansen says:
>> Science is perverted whenever the goal is something other than science, regardless of the its righteousness.
>
> Manhattan Project. Just fer'instance.
>
> Cheers,
> Joe N

Can you elaborate? The science was obviously spot on. For the Manhattan project to be comparable to this article, it would have to have been a bunch of alchemists sent searching for the biggest bomb. Trying to blow up everything from water to horse manure, without any deductive basis, all along, promising to end the war and save the world. But that isn't what it was. The Manhattan project was preceded by decades of evidence, theory building and breakthroughs, to the point where it was scientifically and mathematically evident, under the right conditions, that a chain reaction was possible. Let alone the fact that the Sun is right there shining down on us. They had a proven target to aim for. They had, at least in theory, the recipe. The only iffy part was whether we had the technology to hit it.

There is nothing like that at all in education research. Name just one breakthrough in the last 50 years that has changed the theory of mind and resulted in something changed. In the last 100 years? The last 1000 years? Education research is nothing but political BS. Every year a new false promise. You probably can't even name the promises from 5 years ago, because they were all false and they were all forgotten.

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
10/23/13
Read The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Louis Talman
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Wayne Bishop
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Louis Talman
10/25/13
[...]
GS Chandy
10/25/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
GS Chandy
10/25/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/25/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/25/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/26/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/26/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/27/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/27/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/27/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/27/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/28/13