Topic: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Replies: 37   Last Post: Oct 28, 2013 1:31 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.

Another perfect example. Is it unreasonable that smarter parents are more successful in their careers and thus make more money and that intelligence has a hereditary factor, thus their children do better in school?

How about this. We have been so successful with getting eduction to the masses that all that is left in the most blighted areas are those most resilient to education. I realize if I had made this statement about penicillin and super bugs you would be going "oh, wow, that is so weird but reasonable", but probably not so much in the context I made it in.

If this was math you wouldn't be this sloppy with your reasoning but make it a social issue and rationality is all of a sudden not important, or even real. We are supposed to just go with emotion I guess.

Bob Hansen

On Oct 25, 2013, at 1:05 PM, Joe Niederberger <niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:

> Lou Talman says:
>> You also seem to take it for granted that we can't teach children to be smart. That's controversial; there's evidence to the contrary---that IQ is malleable.
>
> That reminds me of this article, "No Rich Child Left Behind": http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/27/no-rich-child-left-behind/?_r=0
>
> Cheers,
> Joe N

Date Subject Author
10/23/13
Read The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Louis Talman
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Wayne Bishop
10/24/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Louis Talman
10/25/13
[...]
GS Chandy
10/25/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
GS Chandy
10/25/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/25/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/25/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/26/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/26/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/27/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/27/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/27/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Robert Hansen
10/27/13
Read Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.
Joe Niederberger
10/28/13