Topic: Which term to choose?
Replies: 41   Last Post: Nov 9, 2013 5:20 AM

Victor Porton

Re: Which term to choose?

William Elliot wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, William Elliot wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Victor Porton wrote:
>>

>> > Which term is better for a concept which generalizes both embedding and
>> > restriction: 1. "embedding-restriction"; 2. "restrembedding"?
>> >
>> > ... or maybe "commonization"?

>> Perhaps embedded restriction.
>> How's it defined?
>>
>> What's your reloid distribution theorem?
>> Please state it in ascii in the body of your reply.

> Is this it? Let F be a principle filter for XxY
> and for all j in J, Gj a filter for YxZ. Then
> . . F o /\_j Gj = /\{ F o Gj | j in J }.
>
> Also if F filter for XxY, G,H filter for YxZ, then
> . . F o G/\H = FoG /\ FoH.

principle -> principal

Yes, these two theorems are correct.

> Are there any additional distributive theorems for
> reloids other than reversing the compositions?

I know no other distributive theorems of reloids.

However there is a conjecture, that composition with a complete (or
cocomplete dependently on the side of composition) reloid is distributive.
(Principal reloids are a special case of complete reloids.)

For the definition of complete reloids see my book:
http://www.mathematics21.org/algebraic-general-topology.html

Well, there are also similar theorems for funcoids.

Date Subject Author
10/25/13
Read Which term to choose?
Victor Porton