Topic: writing tensor in mathematica
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 29, 2013 1:36 AM

W. Craig Carter

Re: writing tensor in mathematica

Dear Dhaneshwar,
I believe this may be what you are looking for:
avec = Array[a, 3]
bvec = Array[b, 3]
ctens = Array[c, {3, 3, 3, 3}]

ab[j_, k_] :=
Sum[avec[[i]] ctens[[i, j, k, m]] bvec[[m]], {i, 1, 3}, {m, 1, 3}]

This may be enough to get you started, but there is also documentation for tensors (type tensor into the help browser) in the documentation.

Kind Regards,

W Craig Carter