Replies: 163   Last Post: Nov 13, 2013 10:45 AM

Bart Goddard

Dan Christensen <Dan_Christensen@sympatico.ca> wrote in

>> It matters if the "way he goes" is 0^0 = 3.
>
> You misunderstand. I formally proved that there are infinitely many
> exponent-like functions, and that they are all identical except for
> the value assigned to (0,0). I also proved that, for non-zero bases,
> the usual Laws of Exponents hold for each one of them.

No, I understand perfectly. You don't understand how utterly
vapid your above statements are. You've "proven" empty
statements. You're proposing to extend exponentiation from
N to N_0, but somehow exponentiation isn't extended to 0.
I've tried to come up with an example of something equally
pointless, but all I've got so far is "tits on a boar" and
"arguing with a crazy person on USENET."

Date Subject Author
Dan Christensen
Brian Q. Hutchings
ross.finlayson@gmail.com