Replies: 163   Last Post: Nov 13, 2013 10:45 AM

JT

Den onsdagen den 30:e oktober 2013 kl. 18:24:56 UTC+1 skrev Bart Goddard:
> Dan Christensen <Dan_Christensen@sympatico.ca> wrote in

> > On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:51:13 AM UTC-4, Bart Goddard wrote:
>

> >> statements. You're proposing to extend exponentiation from
>

> >> N to N_0, but somehow exponentiation isn't extended to 0.
>

> > On the contrary, I have defined exponentiation on all of N_0.
>

> No, you haven't. That's the problem. If you "define"
>
> exponentiation for 0 in such a way that you have to
>
> exclude 0 from all your formulae, then, in fact, you
>
> have not defined exponentiation on N_0. How can anyone be
>
> this stupid and still remember to breathe?

And again zero is not a number, and there certainly is no correct answer to question like 1/0, 0/1, square 0, sqrt 0. Because there is certainly no operation to perform no more than elephant squared + tiger.

Date Subject Author
Dan Christensen
Brian Q. Hutchings
ross.finlayson@gmail.com