Topic: Which term to choose?
Replies: 41   Last Post: Nov 9, 2013 5:20 AM

Victor Porton

Re: Principal Reliods

William Elliot wrote:

> It seems that principal reloids bijective map to principal relations.

What is principal relation?

Principal reloids bijective map to all relations.

>> > Is this corect?
>> > F is ia principal reloid for XxY when F is the principal filter of AxB
>> > for some A subset X, B subset Y.

>> No, no need to introduce X and Y.

> Why?
>

>> F is is a principal reloid for AxB when F is a principal filter for AxB.

Strictly speaking, a reloid is (A;B;F) where F is a principal filter on AxB.
No X, Y here.

> Don't understand. By Definition 7.5 I thought that a reloid for XxY
> was principal when the reliod was F_AxB for some A and B.

Principal reloid is a reloid induced by some binary relation. That binary
relation is not necessarily a product.

> Would you describe what Definition 7.5 means in terms that I can
> understand?

Again: Principal reloid is a reloid induced by some binary relation.

>> > Though all principal reloids are principal filters, there are some
>> > principal filters that aren't principal reloids. Have you a example?

>> Yes, filter {{0}} is not a reloid.
>>

> It's not a filter for a product.

Filters on cartesian products and reloids are essentially the same.

>> > There's also a bijection between principle filters for a product
>> > and binary relations of the product. Is this also isomorphic like?

>> Yes.

>> > For composition and finite intersections but not infinite
>> > intersections.

>> No. If we limit to the poset of principal filters, it is also lattice
>> isomorphism.

> But not a complete lattice isomorphism.

It is a complete lattice isomorphism (if we consider lattice operations on
principal filters only).

>> It is not an isomorphism in the case when we consider not only principal
>> reloids.
>>

>> > Are there any theorems true for principal reloid for a product
>> > that fail for pricnipal filters for the product?

>> Not sure that I understand you.

>> > The book is too long and complex to get the attention of many people.
>> > It also needs to be recased into existing notation and terminalogy.

>> > Isn't there some use of reloids per se?

>> Not sure.

> It would be good if there were for then the topic of reloids would
> be more than an abstract algebra.

I don't understand. What abstract algebra?

Date Subject Author
10/25/13
Read Which term to choose?
Victor Porton