Replies: 163   Last Post: Nov 13, 2013 10:45 AM

Dan Christensen

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:17:38 AM UTC-4, Bart Goddard wrote:
> Dan Christensen <Dan_Christensen@sympatico.ca> wrote in

> > On Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:01:05 AM UTC-4, Bart Goddard wrote:
>

> >> mathematician knows exactly how to deal with 0^0.
>

> > There does not appear to be any consensus, however. You, yourself have
>
> > admitted finding 0^0 to be ambiguous -- either 0 or 1 -- but, so far,
>
> > all we have from you is a bit of hand-waving.
>

> This is what you don't get, and you refuse to be taught:
>
> There IS consensus: We all know that in different
>
> situations, one handles 0^0 differently.

That is simply agreeing to disagree. It is not a consensus; it is a cop out.

> You're "solution"
>
> is to do nothing.

Again, I have provided, perhaps for the first time (not sure), a formal rationale for the longstanding practice of leaving 0^0 undefined using only the rules and axioms of basic arithmetic on N.

> >> You've done nothing.
>

> > On the contrary, I have presented a rigorous, mathematical basis,
>
> > complete with formal proofs, for dealing with the ambiguity of 0^0
>

> No, you've presented nothing that deals with 0^0.

You are willfully blind. Your silly little game of gotcha has blown up in your face, Barty. Deal with it.

Dan
Visit my new math blog at http://www.dcproof.wordpress.com

Date Subject Author
Dan Christensen