Replies: 163   Last Post: Nov 13, 2013 10:45 AM

Bart Goddard

Dan Christensen <Dan_Christensen@sympatico.ca> wrote in

>> This is what you don't get, and you refuse to be taught:
>> There IS consensus: We all know that in different
>> situations, one handles 0^0 differently.

> That is simply agreeing to disagree. It is not a consensus; it is a
> cop out.

No one disagrees. We all agree that in Calculus, 0^0 is
indeterminate and in combinatorics it's nice to have
empty products (like 0^0) equal to one. It's all
completely rigorous. You, on the other hand, do nothing
but confuse yourself.

And how hilarious is it that the guy who won't
define 0^0, while declaring that he's taken care
of the non-existant problem, say "cop out."

> Again, I have provided, perhaps for the first time (not sure), a
> formal rationale for the longstanding practice of leaving 0^0
> undefined using only the rules and axioms of basic arithmetic on N.

No, you haven't. You've produced pages of meaningless
drivel that accomplishes exactly nothing.

> You are willfully blind. Your silly little game of gotcha has blown up
> in your face, Barty. Deal with it.

So it really has no impact on you that every single mathematician
in the world thinks that this opus of yours is pure crap? It
doesn't even give you a second's pause to do some self-examination?

Interesting.

Date Subject Author
Dan Christensen
Brian Q. Hutchings