Topic: Which term to choose?
Replies: 41   Last Post: Nov 9, 2013 5:20 AM

Victor Porton

Re: Principal Reliods

William Elliot wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Oct 2013, Victor Porton wrote:
>> William Elliot wrote:

>> > It seems that principal reloids bijective map to principal relations.

>> What is principal relation?
>>

> A relation of the form AxB.

Why do you call it principal relation?

I recall that a principal reloid is a reloid corresponding to an
**arbitrary** binary relation.

>> Principal reloids bijective map to all relations.

>> > Why?

>> Strictly speaking, a reloid is (A;B;F) where F is a principal filter on
>> AxB. No X, Y here.

>> It is a complete lattice isomorphism (if we consider lattice operations
>> on principal filters only).

> F_r = F((-r,r)) is a principal filter for R.
>
> The filter
> . . /\_(0<r) F_r = { (a,b) | a < 0 < b } }
> is not principal.

Right.

> Casing this into reloids,
> . . /\_(0<r) ({R} xx F_r) = {R}/\_(0<=r) F_r
>
> is the infinum of principal reloids that's not a principal reloid.

Yes, but if we limit our consideration to principal filters **only**, then
by definition any suprema and infima would be also principal.

Date Subject Author
10/25/13
Read Which term to choose?
Victor Porton