Replies: 163   Last Post: Nov 13, 2013 10:45 AM

Bart Goddard

Dan Christensen <Dan_Christensen@sympatico.ca> wrote in

> As I have said repeatedly, it is assumed to be a natural number, but
> no specific value is assigned to it. So, yes, that makes it
> "undefined." What is your point, Barty?

The point, as I've said repeatedly, is that your
"theorem" assumes that it has a value. If it's not
defined, then it has no value (or meaning.) Contradiction.
0^1 is defined in terms of 0^0. So now, 0^1 is
undefined. 0^2 is defined in terms of 0^1, so
0^2 is now undefined. Etc. So, by induction,
you haven't defined 0^(anything). We, in the business,
call this "logic."

Date Subject Author
Dan Christensen
Brian Q. Hutchings