Topic: Which term to choose?
Replies: 41   Last Post: Nov 9, 2013 5:20 AM

William Elliot

Re: Principal Reliods

On Sat, 2 Nov 2013, Victor Porton wrote:

> >> Right.

> >> Yes, but if we limit our consideration to principal filters **only**,
> >> then by definition any suprema and infima would be also principal.

> > So you require that only infinums that are principal reloids to be
> > accepted? That is not wise for, as shown above, principal reloids would
> > not be closed under infinite infinums. Thus principal reloids aren't a
> > complete lattice.

> You wanted to make a quantale out of principal reloids. To make it one need
> to restrict suprema and infima only to principal reloids. The resulting
> quantale is isomorphic to the quantale of binary relation, so it is
> effectively nothing new.

It's not possible because infinite infinums of principal reloids
isn't a pricipal reloid. In addition, for closure of compositions
the reloids cannot be a filter on a product of different sets;
they need to be a filter on the product of the same set.

> Topic closed.

There is an isomophism but it not a complete isomorphism.

Topic over.

Date Subject Author
10/25/13
Read Which term to choose?