Topic: June 2014 Regents Exam schedule
Replies: 12   Last Post: Nov 4, 2013 12:31 AM

Kate Martin-Bridge

Re: June 2014 Regents Exam schedule

The Common Core Regents is required if a student commenced Algebra in
September 2013, this year. For students who started Algebra prior to
Sept. 2013 the 2005 standard Algebra Regents can be taken until its
last administration of January 2015.
Look for Ken Wagner's September 2013 missive for the latest updates.
The rest of your post is accurate.

Kate Martin-Bridge
AMTNYS
HS Level Rep
-----Original Message-----
From: Peggy Niforos <maniforos@hotmail.com>
To: nyshsmath <nyshsmath@mathforum.org>
Sent: Sat, Nov 2, 2013 5:34 pm
Subject: RE: June 2014 Regents Exam schedule

The Common Core Regents is mandatory IF the student started Algebra in
Sept 2012.  Then you, the student or the district can decided if you
want your student(s) to ALSO take the Integrated Algebra Regents. The
scores of the Common Core Exam WILL NOT be back before the IA Exam is
administered. You can be selective of those who take the IA exam, it
doesn't have to be everyone. You can give them credit for the higher
grade.

Students that began their Algebra studies before Sept 2012 DO NOT have
to take the Common Core Regents. They can take the IA Regents.

I will look for the exact websites to read the official document and
get back to you sometime.

> Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 17:06:47 -0400
> From: wickes@optonline.net
> Subject: RE: June 2014 Regents Exam schedule
> To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
>
> Is the integrated algebra exam mandatory this year or can you take

common core exam only....I have gotten different answers...