Topic: June 2014 Regents Exam schedule
Replies: 12   Last Post: Nov 4, 2013 12:31 AM

gWilkie@highlands.com

Re: June 2014 Regents Exam schedule
att1.html (6.4 K)

To all,

Get your superintendents and PTAs to push that the scores come with the
Common Core test so that 1.) if a student fails then they can take the
Integrated Algebra test 2.) if a student passes the parent(s) and student
can decide if they want to take the Integrated Algebra test to improve
their score.

The state will already have had the scale scoring committee meet and set
the scores up. There should be no need to wait until the last day to hand
out the scores. What is the rationale for waiting to hand out the scores
unless they plan on changing what the scale scoring committee has set up.

I still don't understand holding up the 3-8 grades ... is it that they wait
for the summer so schools can't plan the academic intervention for
students? so schools are not in session when they hear the news? I really
don't get the embargo...

To AMTNYS and the monthly phone sessions please push this issue for our
students.

As always
Grace Wilkie