Topic: Improving ANN results
Replies: 16   Last Post: Nov 13, 2013 9:10 AM

Greg Heath

Re: Improving ANN results

"Greg Heath" <heath@alumni.brown.edu> wrote in message <l56r3v$1c9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "chaudhry " <bilal_zafar9@yahoo.com> wrote in message <l55259$jmo$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > "Greg Heath" <heath@alumni.brown.edu> wrote in message <l4f7fl$dv5$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > > "chaudhry " <bilal_zafar9@yahoo.com> wrote in message <l4a24h$33$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > GREG
> >
> > chk ur mail....i have send u my excel database.....
> >
> > and i have snt u my code also..
> > so see whats the problem in it and how it can solved
> >
> > because my mse value coming is very large
> >
> > give me solution to my problem kindly as early as possible

> Unable to open. Send *.txt or *.m

Thanks.

1. Using minmax I found that x1 is constant. Why in the world would you send me data with a constant input???

2. Removing the constant input, the correlation coefficient matrix for [x ; t ]' indicates
that only x2 is significantly linearly correlated with t.

% minmaxxt = 8600 11666
% 76 105000
% 841 334960
%
% CC = 1.0000 -0.0612 -0.1399
% -0.0612 1.0000 0.7929
% -0.1399 0.7929 1.0000
%
% P = 1.0000 0.5924 0.2189
% 0.5924 1.0000 0.0000
% 0.2189 0.0000 1.0000
%
% SIGMASK = 0 0 0
% 0 0 1 ==> only x2 and t
% 0 1 0

3. Plotting x1 , x2, t, t vs x1 and t vs x2 indicate that there is very little hope of getting
a good nonlinear model from this data unless outliers are removed.

4. Standardize the data using zscore or mapstd. Remove outliers and start over.

Hope this helps.

Greg