Topic: Number Separator for Number Labels on Plot Axes
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 8, 2013 4:16 PM

Tomas Garza Hernandez

Re: Number Separator for Number Labels on Plot Axes

Yes, one possibility is as follows: if you Plot, say 100 x^2, by default you get the numbers {20000, 40000, 60000, 80000, 100000} on the vertical axes. Suppose you want to format them with a comma dividing thousands and write a $ sign to the left of each. Then set
origticks=Table[20000 j, {j,1,5}];newticks=NumberForm[#,5,DigitBlock->3]&/@origticks;b=ToString/@newticks;c = "$" <> # & /@ b;

and then

Check the Online Help on Ticks|Scope|Ticks Positions and Labeling