Topic: Einstein's big mistake
Replies: 67   Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 10:05 PM

Tom Potter

Re: Einstein's big mistake

"Bart Goddard" <goddardbe@netscape.net> wrote in message
> "Tom Potter" <tdp1001@yahoo.com> wrote in news:xb0gu.174563$QZ6.8Y2564
> @fx15.iad:
>

>> and I never felt superior to the gals on the production lines,
>
> "Superior" isn't the issue. Credentials are the issue.
> What you've listed are _pointless_ credentials.
>
> You could save 200 orphans from buring buildings, but it
> has nothing to do with Einstein's physics.
>
> And the fact that you keep citing these mediocre acheivements
> of yours just proves all the more that you are nothing but
> a self-absorbed egomaniac. And a gross hypocrit. You tout
> rules for everyone else to follow, which, somehow, don't apply
> to you. You're allowed to be a rude asshole, while everyone
> else is supposed to follow some high-minded ettiquette you've
> set out for them. Sure sign of a crackpot.

Thanks to my pal "Bart Goddard"
for continuing to be a faithful reader of my posts,
and for demonstrating how members of the Einstein Cult
react to criticism of Einstein.

It is interesting to see that my pal Bart
seems to be projecting the image of a "rude asshole" onto me,

for making an effort to negate his "rude" reaction
to my criticism of Einstein and the Einstein Cult members

who "just spew out words THEY don't understand
in an attempt to sound learned, and end up looking stupid."

As can be seen by my posts to Usenet,
I am seeking to determine the utility of Relativity,
NOT seeking RUDE, personal attacks from Einstein cultists.

I think Einstein Cultists would not "end up looking rude and stupid,
if they simply used the powerful, esoteric knowledge
they claim to possess to compute a few ocean tides
as Newton did hundreds of years ago,
using his primitive model of reality,
and hand calculations.

I dare say that with modern computers and algorithms,
this should be a walk in the park
for someone who knows Relativity
and is not stupid.

No doubt, a cultist can cherry pick and parrot
a few cases where ten or fifteen Newtonian and Maxwellian hacks
have been used to get Relativity to agree with some measurement,

but I'd like to see some of these cultists just compute a few NEW tides,
using Relativity.

As my pal Sam Wormley would say,
"Work the problem sets, and SHOW their work."

It is much easier [ For stupid people]
to be RUDE
and "talk the talk",

than it is for them to be CIVIL