Topic: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jan 28, 2014 9:41 PM

Rafa

Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem here. In my case, functions don't run when they are part of a class folder (i.e. starting with '@'). So I have the strange behaviour:

/home/rafa/tensor_toolbox/@ttensor/ttm.m % ttensor method
/home/rafa/tensor_toolbox/@tensor/ttm.m % tensor method
/home/rafa/tensor_toolbox/@sptensor/ttm.m % sptensor method
/home/rafa/tensor_toolbox/@ktensor/ttm.m % ktensor method
>> ttm
Undefined function or variable 'ttm'.

('ttm' is a perfectly valid file from a widely-used toolbox, it used to work until it randomly broke, and the '/home/rafa/tensor_toolbox/' folder belongs to the path, as it should be)

In general, a lot of confusion seems to exist around these 'undefined' error issues. Anyone has any clue?

Walter Roberson <roberson@hushmail.com> wrote in message <i3skbg$c6q$1@canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca>...
> us wrote:
> > "teki " <radiotek@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > <i3s9jc$85u$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> >> Hi Shan,
> >>
> >> I tried running the file from both the command window and directly
> >> from the m-file but neither works. The function and variable names are
> >> not conflicting.
> >>
> >> The same function works fine on my pc (with r2008a), but not on my
> >> laptop running matlab r2009a. Even a simple m-file to display a
> >> message won't run on my laptop now.
> >>
> >> On some other pages, someone suggested it might be a problem with the
> >> pathdef.m file, but I am not sure...I even added the path of the
> >> current directory before running the m-file, but to no avail!
> >>
> >> Sundeep

> > it looks like you might have a broken hd...

> Or a corrupted Matlab installation.
>
> I'd probably start by removing the matlab preferences file.

Date Subject Author
6/11/10
Read Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Theophane
6/11/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shanmugam Kannappan
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
9/17/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
9/22/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jeremy Lagorse
9/23/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
4/7/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shai
6/28/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
nick
3/23/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Hye Young
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
us
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Walter Roberson
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Rafa
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Di
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Frank
1/27/14
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Yilin
1/28/14