Topic: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica,
etc.

Replies: 20   Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 2:11 PM

fom

Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica,
etc.

On 11/13/2013 12:10 PM, Peter Percival wrote:
> Hetware wrote:
>

>> I'm in a conundrum twixt the use of computers to do my thinking for me,
>> and learning to think for myself. Should a child learn his times
>> tables, or learn to use a computer to do it for him?

> It is a well-known fact that if a child comes within a mile of a
> computer he or she will be corrupted by porn and groomed by paedophiles.

Well, there is certainly a dose of reality
in that response! It might just be off-topic,
though.

:-)

Date Subject Author
11/11/13
Read What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica,
etc.
Hetware
11/12/13
Read Re: What math should I learn?
William Elliot
11/12/13
Read Re: What math should I learn?
Matthew Lybanon
11/12/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica, etc.
jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com
11/12/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica, etc.
Lord Androcles
11/12/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica,
etc.
Hetware
11/12/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica, etc.
Lord Androcles
11/17/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica,
etc.
Hetware
11/17/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica, etc.
Lord Androcles
11/12/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica, etc.
Herman Rubin
11/12/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica,
etc.
fom
11/13/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica, etc.
Doc O'Leary
11/12/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica,
etc.
Sam Wormley
Ken.Pledger@vuw.ac.nz
11/12/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all?
Mathematica, etc.
Brian Q. Hutchings
11/13/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica, etc.
JohnF
11/13/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all?
Mathematica, etc.
Timsn274
11/12/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all?
Mathematica, etc.
Rock Brentwood
11/13/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica,
etc.
Peter Percival
11/13/13
Read Re: What math should I learn if computers can do it all? Mathematica,
etc.
fom
11/18/13