Replies: 128   Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 3:21 PM

Albert D. Rich

From: Hawaii Island
Registered: 5/30/09
Re: The A. F. Timofeev symbolic integration test suite

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:56:55 AM UTC-10, clicl...@freenet.de wrote:

> I also notice now that the evaluations proposed for Examples 36a,b,c,d
> involve TAN(x/2) and friends, whereas your evaluations for Examples 38,
> 40, 41, 43 involve SIN(x)/(1+COS(x)) and friends instead. I propose to
> normalize in accordance with your policy for the entire Timofeev suite.
> (In fact, I like the latter choice more; in Example 36 I simply followed
> Timofeev, p. 355.)

The antiderivatives for examples 36i in the current Timofeev Chapter 8 pdf file at

http://www.apmaths.uwo.ca/~arich/TimofeevChapter8TestResults.pdf

are free of tan(x/2) and friends. Do you approve, and if so are there antiderivatives for examples 38, 40, 41, and 43 free of sin(x)/(1+cos(x)) and friends?

Albert

Date Subject Author
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de