Topic: Einstein's big mistake
Replies: 67   Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 10:05 PM

Tom Potter

Re: Tom Pothead's big mistake

"Sam Wormley" <swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 11/10/13, 4:12 PM, Tom Potter wrote:
>> I dare say that Einstein and few if any of his cult followers, could
>> understand how Shannon's communication model is used to create,
>> transmit and reconstruct decent videos, and make cell phones and GPS
>> possible.

> Wanna bet, Potter.

My pal Sam Wormley seems to imply
that as an Einstein Cult Member,
he understands and can use Shannon's communication model.

Perhaps my pal can tell me what compression algorithms
he would use to compress the video and audio in digital TV,
and how he would handle dropped frames,
and compensate for the motion that occured in
a dropped or corrupted frame,
and how he would handle pockets of noise in frames
and reconstruct frames that matched the transmitted frames
as closely as possible, and interfaced with the man's perceptions,

and how he would handle handoffs and Doppler Effects
when relative motion occured, and how he would handle
small volumes that were shielded from the transmitters,

and how he would interleave audio, video, digital and control information,
etc.

In the old days,
we used a parity bit to detect a dropped bit in a character,
and later they added a CRC [ Cyclical redundancy check]
to detect horizontal and vertical errors in blocks of data,
but digital communications, using Shannon's communication model
has gone far beyond that.

As DNA is digital, and electrons and protons are bits,
no doubt, the Francis/Crick DNA model,
could be derived using Shannon's communication model
and it could be used to model and determine the stabilities
of various DNA combinations,

whereas Relativity is used primarily
to generate taxpayer dole jobs for Relativity charlatans
like those who conned some people into believing
the fiction that the GPS system needed to use "Relativity Effects,
rather than the
Hubble Effect [Distance]
Doppler Effect [Velocity]
Galileo Effect [Acceleration]
plus compensations for temperature, pressure,
oscillator drifts, orbital changes, weather,
the shape of the Earth, and reflections.

and to speculate about things beyond man's capacity
to EVER experience in time and space,
like the beginning and end of time,
and the mind of God.

And would you believe it?
The Mass Media has brainwashed the ignorant masses
to believe that Einstein was "The Man of the Century"!!!

--
Tom Potter
-----------------

Date Subject Author