Topic: Help with Manipulate
Replies: 5   Last Post: Nov 25, 2013 11:31 PM

Tomas Garza Hernandez

Re: Help with Manipulate

Try to debug your code with smaller values, so you can see the results before attempting to use thousands or millions of numbers. What I would do is define the z outside the Manipulate as a function of lambda and n, and then proceed small step by small step to look for mistakes. Leave aside the embellishments until you have the calculations running ok, and only then introduce titles and labels.
For example, I defined first

z[lambda_, n_]:=Flatten[{0,RandomVariate[Quiet@ExponentialDistribution[lambda],n-1]}]

and then tried

Manipulate[n/Total[z[lambda,n]],{{n,10},10,100,5},{{lambda,1},1,100}]

This works ok. From here on, you may (I didn't) introduce Style, Appearance, Delimiter, etc.
Good luck,

-Tomas