Topic: Help with creating a function
Replies: 12   Last Post: Nov 19, 2013 3:48 AM

quasi

Re: Help with creating a function

Robert Crandal wrote:

>Suppose I have the following X-Y data set:
>
>X Y
>-- --
>0 1
>1 1
>2 2
>3 3
>. .
>. .
>N N
>
>Can this be represented with a math function?
>
>(Only consider positive integers >= 0)

It's already a function since for each x in the domain, there
is a unique y.

Presumably you want a "formula".

The function f defined on the set of nonnegative integers
by the formula

f(x) = ((x-1)*(((2*x-1)/abs(2*x-1))+1)/2)+1

is not pretty but it works.

quasi