Topic: vector-based transparent image
Replies: 2   Last Post: Nov 19, 2013 12:57 PM

Bjorn Gustavsson

Re: vector-based transparent image

"Ross Anderson" wrote in message <l6dou7$dsk$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I'm trying to add an alphadata property to some data and save a vector-based (as opposed to bitmap) image. I can't find any way to do it at the moment, but I supposed that someone has by now found a way around this matlab flaw, so I thought I'd ask. I read elsewhere that plot2svg was a workaround, but it's not working for me for images. An example:
>
> p = peaks(20);
> r =rand(20);
> h = imagesc(p);
> set(h,'alphadata', r);
>
> plot2svg('testtransparency.svg'); %claims to offer vector-based transparency, doesn't work here
> export_fig('testtransparency.pdf'); %nope
> print -painters -depsc2 testtransparency.eps %transparency not supported
> export_fig('testtransparency.png'); %not vector-based

A couple of other options to do the same as Oliver suggests are:
http://www.mathworks.se/matlabcentral/fileexchange/4638-laprint
http://www.mathworks.se/matlabcentral/fileexchange/21286-matlabfrag
http://www.mathworks.se/matlabcentral/fileexchange/28545-matlabfrag-to-pdf

HTH,