The Math Forum

Topic: convert vectors to scalars
Replies: 1   Last Post: Nov 26, 2013 12:14 PM

Sargondjani

Re: convert vectors to scalars

"Monika " <monikal88_88@o2.pl> wrote in message <l70sn0$hg7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have problem with matlab
> ??? Operands to the || and && operators must be convertible to logical scalar
> values.
>
> Error in ==> program_glowny88 at 288
> if (kaszel > smiech && kaszel > krzyk && kaszel> chrzakanie)
>
> How should I convert vectors to scalars in my program. I don't have numbers only words (cough, grunt, laugh, speach)

the problem is that some of the operators kaszel, smiech, etc. are not scalars but vectors

if you type: size(kasyel) i bet you dont get rows:1, columns: 1. i am not sure what you intend to do, but you should convert the code such that the logical give a scalar 0 or 1. that means that comparing two vectors will not work...