Topic: Integrating a Matrix
Replies: 6   Last Post: Nov 29, 2013 3:48 AM

Bob Hanlon

Re: Integrating a Matrix

tab = Table[f[i, j][x], {i, 3}, {j, 3}]

Integrate[tab, {x, 0, 1}]

tab2 = tab /. f[i_, j_][x_] -> (i + j) x^i

{{2*x, 3*x, 4*x}, {3*x^2,
4*x^2, 5*x^2}, {4*x^3,
5*x^3, 6*x^3}}

Integrate[tab2, {x, 0, 1}]

{{1, 3/2, 2}, {1, 4/3, 5/3},
{1, 5/4, 3/2}}

NIntegrate[tab2, {x, 0, 1}]

{{1., 1.5, 2.}, {1., 1.33333, 1.66667}, {1., 1.25, 1.5}}

Bob Hanlon