Topic: review of field line plotter...
Replies: 8   Last Post: Dec 5, 2013 10:55 AM

James Waldby

Re: review of field line plotter...

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 21:09:35 -0800, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
>> "Chris M. Thomasson" wrote ...
>> I have created a pre-alpha version of my online gravitational field line
>> explorer:

> FWIW, I have updated the online code for the pre-alpha version of my gravity
> field line explorer to allow for directional arrows showing the vector of
> flow.
>
> The attached image is a "gravitational dipole" where there is a "negative"
> mass directly below a positive mass (0.5, -0.5).

With iters=1500, lines=20, p0_y = p1_y = p2_y = 200, p0_m = p1_m = p2_m = 10,
p0_x = 300, p1_x = 400, p2_x = 500, p3_m = p4_m = p5_m = 0, the plot looks
symmetric across y=200 and across x=400, as one would expect. However, with
p1_m changed from +10 to -10 the picture loses symmetry across x=400.
Is that a bug?

> I also added the ability to turn off a point by setting its mass to zero

While that feature works, leaving mass parameters blank doesn't work to
turn off a point. Probably should fix it so blank mass acts like 0 too.

> <http://webpages.charter.net/appcore/fractal/field>
> Example rendering:
> <https://plus.google.com/101799841244447089430/posts/Zmgvbi9QbKp>

[snip]