Replies: 110   Last Post: Dec 10, 2013 4:33 AM

Tucsondrew@me.com

Re: Uncountability of the Real Numbers Without Decimals

On Monday, December 2, 2013 11:35:43 AM UTC-7, WM wrote:
> Am Montag, 2. Dezember 2013 16:53:04 UTC+1 schrieb christian.bau:
>

> > Please explain your reasoning. I didn't find anything wrong with the proof,
>
> that puts you in aline with thousands of mathematicians.
>

> > and if I missed something, I'm quite sure it's fixable.
>
> That is not an argument.
>
> The set of positive rational numbers that is less than the natural number n and has not been enumerated by the first n natural numbers grows with n. It is impossible eneumerate all rational numbers, i.e., to remove all rationals from the state of being not enumerated to the state of being enumerated.

Impossible? How about a proof.

> Here the intentional confusion of "for every n in |N" and "for all n in |N" has been used. It has been neglected that beyond every n there are infinitely many following, such that never all can have been used.

That confusion belongs completely to you.
And actually, when writing it I knew you would say that.
You are welcome to work your own Mathematical System sans the AoI.
However, your gripes do Not point out any flaw in the proof.

> Regards, WM

ZG

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com