The Math Forum

Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

In article <5379ab07-0aba-4b6e-b7dd-9843c2585d08@googlegroups.com>,
WM <wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de> wrote:

> In matheology we simply believe that?

What yo do in yourWMeythology is not binding on anyone else.

> So there remains as only alternative, as far as I see

But, of course, WM cannot really see very far since WM's wild weird
world of WMytheology is so full of fog.

> d behaves different from all FIS(n) because it contains more than all FIS(n).

It certainly contains more than any FIS(n).
What WM means by "all FIS(n)" is not clear.

> So you have quatifier exchange. oo is larger than all n.

It is certainly Larger than any n.
Whether oo is larger than "'all n" depends on what WM means by "all n",
and on this point WM is quite careful to be ambiguous..

> You need it because
> you know that the property to contain only more than every FIS is satisfied
> by most FIS.

I do not know any such thing, not does anyone else who can read.
--

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
[...]
Michael F. Stemper
[...]