Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

Am Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2013 20:57:14 UTC+1 schrieb Zeit Geist:
> On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 11:12:36 AM UTC-7, WM wrote:
>

> > That is true in the list of all FIS too
>
> > d_1
>
> > d_1, d_2
>
> > d_1, d_2, d_3

> > All these FIS however, are not capable of distinguishing themselves from all rationals. That requires more: A good portion of faith. And a completed infinity for that np larger index is possible. Obviously the largest index has been applied. An index which is not present in any rational number.
>

> We need only show that for each Rational Number, r, there is One particular FIS(d_n) such that we have r ~= FIS(d_n). This is a Sufficient Condition to conclude that r =~ FIS(d_n).

No, that is not enough, because each rational number for that you can show that, belongs to the first few lines of the list while infinitely many will follow. That is fact for each rational you can "take". In order to show that d differs from all rational numbers, you must not exchange quantifiers but prove that for all rational numbers.

Further your task is futile since we know already that for each FIS(d_n) there are infinitely many rational numbers not differing. So why taking one or the other that differs? Do you intentionally try to cheat?

> > He did not avoid it. He knew fairly early, in the 1890s, that the set of all sets is impossible. Unfortunately he did not recognize that the set of all natural numbers that are followed by infinitely many natural numbers is impossible too. (I.e., the set of all numbers that is not all numbers.)
>

> He didn't realize that, because it is not true.

It is true.

> How does N = { All Natural Numbers } --> N = { All Numbers that is not All Numbers }?
>
> You exposition is bizarre.

Your "All" says all but means every number that belongs to the 0 % of the first numbers. "Every" natural number is followed by infinitely many. If you think that all exist, then every natural number is followed by nearly all natural numbers.

> What we can prove, in Modern Mathematics,

is ridiculous with respect to the above fact.

> > The usual reply of matheologians, on the question how they know that they have all numbers without having the last one, is: There is no last natural number. But I im interested to see their escape with respect to the fact that no digit d_i ad no FIS is sufficient to accomplish a distinction of d from all rationals of the rationals-complete list. Obviously d contains somewhat more than every digit d_i.
>

> We "have them all" because there is a Set that contains "them all".
>

> The "escape" is accomplished by knowing that in the Set of All FIS of d, there is (at least) one k, such that FIS(d_k) ~= r, where is an Arbitrarily Chosen Rational Number.

You can only choose among the first 0 % of the listed rational numbers. If you disagree then let me know at least one chosen number that is not followed by infinitely many. But please do not infinitely repeat your counterfactual claims.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
[...]
[...]