Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

Michael F. Stemper

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

On 12/05/2013 01:04 PM, Zeit Geist wrote:
> On Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:49:37 AM UTC-7, fom wrote:
>

>> No. It also uses the fact that the listing may be
>>
>> arbitrarily given,
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algorithmically_random_sequence#Interpretations_of_the_definitions

> Be careful here, the "arbitrarily chose" sequence does Not need to be a "random" sequence.
> It is just a sequence of Real Numbers who only properties is that it IS a sequence of Real Numbers that "supposedly" contains all Real Numbers.

There is no need for the assumption that it contains all reals. We can
prove that no sequence of reals contains all of them without having to
first assume that it does.

--
Michael F. Stemper
Indians scattered on dawn's highway bleeding;

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
fom
[...]
[...]