Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

Tucsondrew@me.com

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

On Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:28:06 PM UTC-7, Michael F. Stemper wrote:
> On 12/05/2013 01:04 PM, Zeit Geist wrote:

> There is no need for the assumption that it contains all reals. We can
> prove that no sequence of reals contains all of them without having to
> first assume that it does.

You are correct, sir.

However, I chose to write the proof by Contradiction.

I could have done it directly by choosing a sequence of Reals and then show that doesn't contain them all.

It's simply a fall-back on the fact that any Nested Sequence of Closed Intervals of Real Numbers is Non-Empty

> --
>
> Michael F. Stemper
>
> Indians scattered on dawn's highway bleeding;
> Ghosts crowd the young child's fragile eggshell mind.

Jim Morrison is God!

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
[...]
[...]