Replies: 110   Last Post: Dec 10, 2013 4:33 AM

Virgil

Re: Uncountability of the Real Numbers Without Decimals

In article <c9b1e9c5-681a-4a2b-ac40-dc27e2508662@googlegroups.com>,
WM <wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de> wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 3. Dezember 2013 18:42:16 UTC+1 schrieb Zeit Geist:
>

> > > Every rational *which is followed by infinitely many uncounted rationals*
> > > is counted at some time. This holds also for the limit since there is no
> > > last rational. I do not understand why you blind yourself (eyes wide
> > > shut) to intentionally forgetting this condition.

> > And there are Infinitely many Even Numvers following Every given Even
> > Number.

> Of course. But first 100 % of them are inaccessible, and second

That would require WM to give up using any even number, as he claims
that they are all inaccessible to him.

> > However, we can still find a Bijection between the Set of All Even Numbers
> > and the Set of All Natural Numbers.

> Of course: |N is in bijection with |N

But that is not at all what was said.
What was said was that {n: n in |N} bijects with {2n: n in |N}.
So that |N bijects with a definitely proper subset of itself.

> If you
> mean the elemnts

What we mean is , apparently, totally beyond WM's ability to comprehend.

> > Also, if you don't think all the Rationals are counted (removed), please
> > name at least one specific example that is Not Counted (removed).

> As you know only 0 % are accessible

A rule which applies to every one of them accesses 100% of them,
well more than WM's 0% of them.

So it apears that WM is missing 100% of the actual rationals that can be
accessed by general rules.
--

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com