The Math Forum

Replies: 110   Last Post: Dec 10, 2013 4:33 AM

Tucsondrew@me.com

Re: Uncountability of the Real Numbers Without Decimals

On Friday, December 6, 2013 2:29:59 AM UTC-7, WM wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 5. Dezember 2013 18:30:40 UTC+1 schrieb Zeit Geist:
>

> > > Could you give a model of ZFC at all?
>
> > I give two.
> > ZFC + V=L

> > ZFC + "There Exists an Inaccessible Cardinal."
>
> Ah, ZFC is a model of ZFC?
> Interesting.

That's Not what I said.
Maybe you should look into it, and see what I did say actually means.

> > > Look: Every definition in mathematics is a finite word in English or any formal language. The set of all possible finite words in English or any formal language is countable. Proof left as an exercise.
>
> > > A subset of a countable set is countable.
>
> > And the Set of All Definitions, when properly And Logically implemented, cannot be put into Bijection with N.
>
> What do we learn from that fact? (It is a fact.)
> Either a subset of a countable set can be uncountable.
> Or: Countability is a self-contradictory notion.
> Or do you know another alternative?

I think the comprehension of the idea is beyond your capacity.

But that alright; not everyone's cut out for it.

> Regards, WM

ZG

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com