Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

Tucsondrew@me.com

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

On Friday, December 6, 2013 3:51:28 AM UTC-7, WM wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 5. Dezember 2013 23:09:54 UTC+1 schrieb Zeit Geist:
>

> > I consider myself to be a Platonic-Formalist.
>
> Platonic? That means all elements and sets exist somewhere? Without the set of all sets, of course. And without the set of all sets without the sets of all sets. And without the set of all sets without the sets of all sets without the sets of all sets. And without ...

I never said that Set of Sets does not exists.
I do know, however, that in ZFC it is Not a Set.

> Where is the platonic limit?

Beyond Human Understanding.

If you believe that Human Beings ( either individually or collectively ) can know All Logical truths; you either raise Humans to God-like status, or diminish Logic to that of the Finite.

> > It is possible for any Consistent Formal System to Exist ( in "Reality" ), because the Forms of that Formal System Exist ( in our Minds ).
>
> It is even possible for an inconsistent system to exist in some minds. This has been proved by observing the writings of many thousands of matheologians.

Just because you can't comprehend and understand what other speak of does Not make it Contradictory.

> Regards, WM

ZG

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
[...]
[...]