Replies: 110   Last Post: Dec 10, 2013 4:33 AM

wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de

Re: Uncountability of the Real Numbers Without Decimals

Am Freitag, 6. Dezember 2013 18:14:04 UTC+1 schrieb Zeit Geist:

> > > I give two.
>
> > > ZFC + V=L
>

> > > ZFC + "There Exists an Inaccessible Cardinal."
>

> > Ah, ZFC is a model of ZFC?
>
> > Interesting.
>

> That's Not what I said.
>
> Maybe you should look into it, and see what I did say actually means.

I know it. It is nonsense. There is no model of ZFC.

> > > And the Set of All Definitions, when properly And Logically implemented, cannot be put into Bijection with N.
>

> > What do we learn from that fact? (It is a fact.)
>
> > Either a subset of a countable set can be uncountable.
>
> > Or: Countability is a self-contradictory notion.
>
> > Or do you know another alternative?
>

> I think the comprehension of the idea is beyond your capacity.

And you are not able to explain that to others? Should it be beyond your capacity as well? Should it be beyond everyone's capacity?

> But that alright; not everyone's cut out for it.

Do you know anybody who has written an explanation? By the way it does not sound very difficult:

The Set of All Definitions, when properly And Logically implemented, cannot be put into Bijection with N.
The set is a subset of a countable set.

There are subsets of countable sets that are not countable?

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
William Elliot