Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

In article <48808d42-21ee-4dc1-80d8-59a33c17499c@googlegroups.com>,
WM <wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de> wrote:

> Am Freitag, 6. Dezember 2013 19:13:07 UTC+1 schrieb Zeit Geist:

> > > Platonic? That means all elements and sets exist somewhere? Without the
> > > set of all sets, of course. And without the set of all sets without the
> > > sets of all sets. And without the set of all sets without the sets of all
> > > sets without the sets of all sets. And without ...

> > I never said that Set of Sets does not exists.
> >
> > I do know, however, that in ZFC it is Not a Set.

> You do know that the set of sets, although it may exist, is not a set.

Actually, every non-empty set in ZFC is already a set of sets, since
every member of a set is set in ZFC. But an arbitrary concatenation of
sets may not form a set in ZFC.

> A very fine formulation. Comparable to all rationals differ from d but d does
> not differ from all rationals.

Which only happens in odd backwaters like the wild weird world of
WMytheology.

> > If you believe that Human Beings ( either individually or collectively )
> > can know All Logical truths; you either raise Humans to God-like status, or
> > diminish Logic to that of the Finite.
> >

> Diminish logic to its realm. That would be a good idea.

Its realm extends far beyond WM's wild weird world of WMytheology.

> > > It is even possible for an inconsistent system to exist in some minds.
As in WMytheology

> > Just because you can't comprehend and understand what other speak of does
> > Not make it Contradictory.
> >

> If something cannot be translated into the language of reasonably intelligent
> people that may very well be a good reason check it. But in your case all
> lies open: You claim that every node can be eliminated from an infinite path
> and nevertheless there remains something.

Unless that tree is a unary tree, it will have more than one path,
so removing one path has to leave whatever was not part of that path.
--

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
[...]
Michael F. Stemper
[...]