Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

Tucsondrew@me.com

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

On Friday, December 6, 2013 12:33:26 PM UTC-7, WM wrote:
> Am Freitag, 6. Dezember 2013 18:59:16 UTC+1 schrieb Zeit Geist:
> > On Friday, December 6, 2013 2:06:16 AM UTC-7, WM wrote:
> > > Am Donnerstag, 5. Dezember 2013 23:23:52 UTC+1 schrieb Zeit Geist:

> > Your "Proof" of 2 is Not Valid.

2) It is impossible to distinguish a real number d by its digits from all other real numbers. (Proof by the fact that every FIS(d_n) = d_1, ..., d_n is shared by uncountably many real numbers.)

> It is. Simple exercise: Try to to distinguish 0.111... by writing arbitraily many 1's from all its FIS.

I don't write 1/9 as an arbitrary number of 1's (well maybe Informally ), but as the formula

1/9 = { a_i | A( i e N )( a_i = 1 ) }.

This is distinguishable by from All FIS of 1/9, as for any, all and every FIS there is a decimal place that is a 0.

> Further: If we know that for every n in |N: d_n = 1, then we know that every decimal is 1m then d = 1/9 in decimals.
> If we know that for every n in |N, d_n is in a rational number, then d csannot be an irrational number.

What?

So, you found an example of a sequence of rationals that has a rational limit.
Hence you conclude, All sequences of rationals Must have a rational limit.

Such a Mastery of Logic, Dear Professor!

> > > Can you please prove that you can "take" all r e Q? This includes to be able to take all n e N. In my opinion nobody has ever proven that but everybody has been restricted to the case of very few numbers. I call it the 0-%-set. Please let me know whether you have accomplished more in your advanced mathematics. Otherwise I must say: You are cheating.
>
> > "Slight of hand"? Lol! No, just Logic.
>
> The failure of your purported "logic" gets very clear when you think to find a path in the Binary Tree that goes beyond every connection between the root node and every node.
>

> > 2. All rational numbers differ from some FIS(d_n).
> > We write this as A( r e Q )( E( n e N )( FIS(d_n) ~= r ) ).
> > No, contradiction here.

> If your big-mouthed all rational numbers had aby substance. But it has not.

Aye, there's the rub.

You may claim that "Actual Infinity" does Not Exist, and reject the AoI.
But, you do more than that. You claim that its acceptance must and will lead to a Contradiction.
Guess what, each, all and every of you attempts has failed!

Every Mathematicians of Modern Times that you cite on your list of people who reject "Actual Infinity", reject it one Philosophical Grounds. They never when around to their contemporaries screaming, "You're using an inconsistent system!". Even Albrecht has the balls to point out that Cantor's Theorem only goes through because of the Powerset Axiom used in conjunction with the Axiom of Infinity.

You are a Crank!

> > But, I don't expect you to understand why.
> Explain the reason. Explain how d can stretch beyond every d_n. If it does not, it is a FIS.

Because d is Not a FIS, duh!

For all n, d contains a non-zero digit where d_n contains a zero.
That is, if d is irrational or a non-repeating non-terminating rational.

> > > Can you see this?
> > No. Can you see why your "Contradiction" Does Not Follow?

> I can see why your logic has nothing to do with mathematics, simply because you cannot take all.

Purely Philosophical Grounds.

> > Percentages are non-sensical in this context unless more rigorously defined.
>
> Perhaps you cannot understand that every finite number is less than 1/100 of aleph_0?

Beep, Beep, Beep.
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed for this function is not with its domain.
Please check the domain and try again later.
Beep, Beep, Beep.

> Regards, WM

ZG

Date Subject Author
[...]
[...]