Replies: 110   Last Post: Dec 10, 2013 4:33 AM

wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de

Re: Uncountability of the Real Numbers Without Decimals

Am Donnerstag, 5. Dezember 2013 18:30:40 UTC+1 schrieb Zeit Geist:
> On Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:24:40 AM UTC-7, WM wrote:
>

> > every definable number is definable by a finite word that does not define another number.
>

> But there is a Formal Definition. One that does result in a Contradiction. You just don't know, don't understand or refuse to acknowledge it.

I don't need it.

> You are right, kind of, since FOL cannot "define" Definability.

ZFC cannot define definability because that would result in a contradiction. But you see that I have obtained a contradiction without defining "defining" by a pure mathematical estimation of the cardinality of a subset of a countable set.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
William Elliot