Replies: 110   Last Post: Dec 10, 2013 4:33 AM

fom

Re: Uncountability of the Real Numbers Without Decimals

On 12/7/2013 1:46 PM, WM wrote:

>>> Then Goedel was wrong. Alas, ZF is crucial for obtaining his result.
>>

>> No. My claim is perfectly consistent
>>
>> with Goedel.

> If Goedel was wrong, then ZF is wrong. If Goedel was right, then it will never be clear whether ZF is right.
>
> So or so, your yes is unfounded.

You forget the goal of Hilbert's program.

And, you forget that mathematics is not just arithmetic.

Also, your decision to be ignorant of modern mathematics
probably makes you incapabble of considering what I
wrote.

In particular, the structure of open ultrafilters in a
minimal Hausdorff topology is associated with local finiteness.

As for Goedel, my topological notions occur in a slightly
stronger logic which is what is required.

And, as for models, Cohen's cumulative hierarchy is built
without the impredicative use of identity and may correspond
to the very notion of syntactic specification suggested
by Abraham Robinson.

The weak weak Koenig's lemma provides the notion of an
finitary asymptotic closure and the eliminability of first-order
descriptions means that the descriptions need not actually
be written.

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
William Elliot