The Math Forum

Replies: 110   Last Post: Dec 10, 2013 4:33 AM

Virgil

Re: Uncountability of the Real Numbers Without Decimals

In article <2c501c91-feb6-4ea4-8200-35edf5452301@googlegroups.com>,
WM <wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 5. Dezember 2013 18:19:55 UTC+1 schrieb Zeit Geist:
>

> > Answer the question, please. Which rational is not counted in, say,
> > Virgil's Enumeration of the Rationals?

> Which rational does not belong to the first finite initial segment of n
> rationals in, say, Virgil's enumeration?
>
> Regards, WM

Wrong question!

The PROPER question is which rationals do not belong in ANY finite
initial segment of rationals in the ennumeration of all rationals whose
definition I posted.

And the answer is "none".
--

Date Subject Author