Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

Am Sonntag, 8. Dezember 2013 03:30:55 UTC+1 schrieb Virgil:

> But WM has just argued that every limit of a sequence of rational
>
> numbers must be a rational number,

You are a liar or too stupid to understand written text.

> Each of s_n = sum_(k = 0..n) 1/k! is rational,
>
> but s_oo = e , which is not.

It is the limit which cannot be expressed by a string of digits because all digits belong to rationals and d_oo is not in mathematics.

> So sum_(k = 0..oo) 1/10^n! is rational?

No. And therefore it has no complete string of digits, but only its FIS. Each one is rational.

> > I do not reject AoT
>

> But you do reject the AoI, which was the point at issue.

I reject the incorrect interpretation as finished infinity.

> Some of us merely reject your "potentia"l as undefineable nonsense.

They must be stupid or illiterate. They should try to get a CD with Cantor's text read out loud.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
[...]
[...]