Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

fom

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

On 12/8/2013 1:46 AM, Ralf Bader wrote:
> fom wrote:
>

>> On 12/7/2013 6:40 PM, Virgil wrote:

>>> This is obviously only the beginning statement of an argument from which
>>> WM has clearly left the rest of out.
>>>
>>> The conclusion of that argument is amost certainly that no such sequence
>>> can exist, so one can see why WM would want to leave it out.
>>>

>> He had just been correcting me.
>>
>> He really does know what Cantor wrote.

> It is easy enough to know what Cantor wrote in the sense of being able to
> list Cantor's words in the order in which they appear in Cantor's papers so
> that even Mückenheim may accomplish this.
> Cantor's collected works can be obtained here:
> http://gdz.sub.uni-goettingen.de/dms/load/toc/?PPN=PPN237853094
>
> If you want to imply that Mückenheim has some kind of understanding of what
> Cantor wrote, you are provably wrong. In case you should insist on such a
> provably wrong assertion, this does not make the assertion right but says
> something about your own understanding of mathematics.

Now you are the one with an agenda. What I stated is
merely that WM knows what Cantor wrote.

Thank you for the link. It happens to be useless to
me because of my poor linguistic skills. But, it is
nice to know that it is there.

For the record, however, it seems that when I do err
WM provides a correction with enough speed as to
indicate that he has actually read many of the references.
That could be illusory. It also does not say anything
about his interpretations or even their quality with
respect to the mathematical practices most sympathetic
toward his statements.

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
[...]
[...]