Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

Am Montag, 9. Dezember 2013 20:13:31 UTC+1 schrieb wpih...@gmail.com:

> Note that this is sufficient to show there is no constructable list L,

Cantor's enumeration of the rationals is a construction.

> for
>
> which for any constructable 0/1 list y, y is in L. (Proof is by contradiction,
>
> assume L exists, then from y is in L we conclude that we can find an
>
> n in N such that y is the nth element of L. Contradiction. Thus L does not
>
> exist)

I am not interested in your "proofs" but in defining an irrational number like the antidiagonal d by an arbitrarily large sequence of its digits d_n (including an infinite sequence). This is impossible because for every digits d_n there are infinitely many duplicates.

If your proof supplies a contradiction, then set theory is self contradictory. q.e.d.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
[...]
[...]